New report highlights economic impact of CCCU institutions
PORTLAND, Ore. — A study commissioned by the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) found its 142 institutions nationwide make significant contributions to the U.S. economy and society as a whole. Here are some of the highlights from the report, which was released this week.
- Together these institutions’ 445,000 students, 72,000 faculty and staff, and 3.5 million alumni produce $60 billion in positive economic impact each year.
- The economic activity of these institutions and their constituents creates $9.7 billion in federal tax revenue and 340,000 jobs for the economy.
- For every dollar the federal government gives to CCCU institutions, the federal government receives $20 in tax revenue.
- Also, for every dollar of federal grant money that a CCCU student receives, institutions provide $5 in additional financial aid.
- Finally, students from CCCU institutions have a desire to positively influence society. CCCU students are three times as likely to take a job in the human services compared to those from all four-year institutions, and despite the fact that these jobs tend to be less profitable, CCCU students have the highest loan repayment rates and the lowest loan default rates of all four-year students.
For more information on the CCCU research study and the positive impact of their institutions, you can go to the CCCU website here.
About Multnomah University
Multnomah University is a fully accredited, private, non-denominational, Christian institution of higher education located in Portland, Oregon, with a teaching site in Reno, Nevada. Composed of a college, seminary, graduate school, degree completion program and online distance-learning program, Multnomah awards bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees, as well as professional certifications and endorsements. For more information, visit multnomah.edu.
March 27, 2018 | Outreach
MU Launching Three New Business Degrees
Despite the challenges that 2020 presented to higher education, Multnomah University is persevering and discovering new ways to…
Alumni Panel: Cultivating Career Resilience
At Multnomah University, we cultivate career resilience so that you can persevere in pursuing your passions. In this…