Portland, Ore. – Subsequent to Dr. Daniel R. Lockwood’s announcement of his intended retirement
on June 30, 2014, the Board of Trustees of Multnomah University has formed a search committee to select the institution’s next president.
Dr. Lockwood’s presidency has been marked by progress, academic accountability, and increased opportunities and venues for Multnomah graduates to share the message of Jesus Christ around the world.
Search Committee Chairman Steven Mitchell remarked, “The committee, trustees, administration, and faculty are all extremely grateful to Dr. Lockwood for his nearly two decades of exemplary service as president. We prayerfully trust that God will grace us with our next president who will lead the university through the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.”
Serving on the committee along with select trustees are the following current and former Multnomah University faculty members:
- Steven Mitchell, trustee and Search Committee Chair
- Joyce Schroeder, trustee and Search Committee Vice Chair
- Dr. Jack Dryden, Board of Trustees Chair
- Scott Gilchrist, trustee and pastor
- Dr. Dan Jarrell, trustee and pastor
- Professor David Jongeward, Psychology Department, Associate Dean of Student Support
- Dr. Rex Koivisto, Bible and Theology Department, Academic Dean of the College and the Graduate School
- Professor David Needham, retired faculty member
- Mr. Jon Stousland, trustee
Interested parties and candidates who meet the criteria set forth in the Opportunity Profile, which will be available in September, are encouraged to inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multnomah University is a fully accredited, private, non-denominational, Christian institution of higher education, located in Portland, Oregon with teaching sites in Reno, Nevada and Seattle, Washington. Made up of an undergraduate Bible college, a biblical seminary, a graduate school, an adult degree completion program, and an online distance-learning program, Multnomah issues bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees, and professional certifications and endorsements.