Rev. Dr. Eric Anthony Joseph
On March 1, 2022, Rev. Dr. Eric Anthony Joseph assumed his role as President of Multnomah University. Dr. Joseph seeks to bring the eternal truth of God’s word to Portland and the region to fulfill the greater mission of Multnomah University, informed by his experience in higher education and community outreach in metropolitan cities like his hometown of Los Angeles. Rev. Dr. Joseph is Multnomah University’s sixth president and the first person of color to hold this title.
Dr. Joseph has over three decades of experience in higher education teaching, leadership, and Christian ministry and has served as a voice of wisdom to university leaders and U.S. Presidents alike. His work as a consultant spans political affiliations, Christian denominations, and university landscapes. Dr. Joseph’s contributions have earned him wide recognition as an outstanding educator, consultant, and Christian leader.
Dr. Joseph completed his education at Biola University, including a BA in Communications, M.Div. in Bible Exposition, M.A.C.Ed in Christian Education, EdD in Intercultural Studies, and (exchanged for) a Ph.D. in Intercultural Education. He has also served at Azusa Pacific University, Langston University, University Of Phoenix, Arizona State University, and Mid-American Christian University (where he serves on the board today).
Dr. Joseph has been married to his childhood sweetheart, Jill Joseph, M.S., CCC-SLP, for seventeen years. They were married on Valentine’s Day(a day also shared with Multnomah’s founding date in 1936). As former collegiate athletes, they enjoy cheering on the Multnomah Lions!
“I am excited for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to come to Portland, Oregon, and start a new chapter and new season that the Lord has provided for my wife and me here at this faith-based institution. We look forward to serving the community as well as this great institution and its legacy.”Rev. Dr. Eric Anthony Joseph
Publications and Achievements
- Joseph, E. A., Seeing Race In The Bible Through The Eyes Of God, A New Look At An Old Truth In Bereshith (Genesis) 1-12. Original lecture manuscript pending future publication.
- Joseph, E. A., Seeing Macro-Cultures and Micro-Cultures (Diversity) Through The Eyes Of God and Others: Biblical Correctness (BC) Versus Political Correctness (PC). Original lecture manuscript pending future publication.
- The Oklahoma Educator Of The Year, The Perry Publishing and Broadcasting, Inc. – 2018
- Honored For Life Achievements, Ministry, Community Initiatives, and Non-Partisan Counsel, The 44th U.S. President Hon. Barack Obama II, and The 47th U.S. Vice President Hon. Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., The White House, Washington, D.C. – 2016
- The Will Rogers Award Recipient and Keynote Speaker, The Oklahoma Human Rights Commission, State Capitol, OKC.
- Honored For Life Achievements, U.S. House Of Representatives, Hon. Ernest Istook (R-OK) and U.S. House Speaker Hon. John Dennis Hastert (R-IL), U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C. – 2002.
- The Robert “Bob” Wheeler Award for Male Student-Athlete Of The Year In Track & Field, National Christian Colleges and Athletic Association (NCCAA), Marion, Indiana.
- Two-Time National Champion Men’s Triple Jump, National Christian Colleges and Athletic Association (NCCAA), Marion, Indiana.
Meet the President’s Council
Meet the New President
Rev. Dr. Eric Anthony Joseph named 6th President of Multnomah University.
Meet the New PresidentLearn More
The Multnomah Experience
Why choose Multnomah? Multnomah University exists to help you tap into your own potential and equip you to pursue your calling. Take a look at some of our favorite things about MU and discover how you can become a part of the Multnomah family.
Living in Portland
Come explore the heart of Portland and the unique opportunities that come from living here.