Presidential Search Timeline
- After serving seven years as Multnomah’s fifth president Dr. Craig Williford announces his retirement to take place by June 2022.
- The Board of Trustees forms the Presidential Search Committee (PSC) to begin looking for the leader that God is calling to be the next president.
- PSC solicits feedback from the MU community about what Multnomah needs in its next president. Input is used to help build the opportunity profile.
Late Spring / Summer 2021
- PSC interviews executive search firms and selects CarterBaldwin Executive Search (CB).
- With CB’s partnership, the opportunity profile is written, honed, evaluated, and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- MU’s search is officially launched, and the opportunity profile is disseminated nationwide to reach broad and diverse groups of prospective candidates.
- CB recruits, collects, and researches candidates who meet the qualifications described in the opportunity profile.
- After multiple interviews with CB, a pool of candidates is provided to the PSC for review.
- PSC works with CB to narrow the candidates to semi-finalists.
Late Winter / Early Spring 2022
- Semi-finalists are evaluated to choose a shortlist of finalists.
- PSC conducts in-person interviews with the shortlist and recommends a finalist to the Board of Trustees.
- Trustees interview and vote on the finalist and a public announcement is made welcoming Multnomah’s sixth president.
Presidential Search Committee Members
Mr. Ted AllenExecutive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Paul ColliganCEO, Internet Company; Trustee, Alumnus
Mr. Jeff GrubbBusiness and Community Leader
Dr. Brad HarperProfessor, Bible and Theology Director, Master of Arts in Theological Studies; Assistant Dean, School of Biblical and Theological Studies
Mrs. Bridget JeffriesBanker; Multnomah Trustee
Mr. Nathan NymeyerSearch Committee Chair; Christian Non-Profit Leadership; Multnomah Trustee
Dr. Ben OchsExecutive Development Consultant; Multnomah Trustee; Board of Trustees Chair
Dr. Daniel ScalbergProfessor and Chair, History
Dr. Kristen WhiteAssistant Professor and Director, Master of Arts in Counseling
Mr. Glenn ZirkleBusiness and Community Leader, Alumnus
The Multnomah Difference
Why choose Multnomah? Multnomah University exists to help you tap into your own potential and equip you to pursue your calling. Take a look at some of our favorite things about MU and discover how you can become a part of the Multnomah family.
Living in Portland
Come explore the heart of Portland and the unique opportunities that come from living here.