Graduate TESOL Certificates Offered at Multnomah University
Advanced Certificate in TESOL
In addition to the MA in TESOL, Multnomah offers an 18-semester hour advanced certificate in TESOL which provides a solid foundation in the necessary theoretical and practical aspects of English language teaching. All of the Certificate courses apply toward the M.A. should a student decide to continue.
- LIN 515 General Linguistics,
- LIN 516 Grammar for TESOL
- LIN 545 Foundations of TESOL
- LIN 555 Course and Curriculum Development
- LIN 552 Teaching Oral &Written Communication
- LIN 558 Community ESOL: On-Campus Practicum
What can I do with an Advanced Certificate?
- Teach English in the U.S. to refugees and immigrants through community or church-based programs
- Teach overseas in a variety of contexts including elementary and secondary settings, language schools, community programs, and universities.
Foundations in TESOL Certificate
LIN 545 – Foundations of TESOL
Multnomah offers this three-credit hour introductory certificate course to provide instruction for those wishing to gain initial exposure to TESOL theory and practice. Content includes a broad overview of the following :
- General principles of language learning and teaching
- An introduction to the teaching of each skill area
Still have questions?
For more details on the program or to receive an application by mail, contact the admissions department at 800.275.4672 or email@example.com.