Trip Leader Form
In 2018 the President’s Council approved the decision to require all employees who are facilitating/responsible for MU-sanctioned overnight student trips to complete the Trip Leader Form.
The purpose of this system is to ensure that there is a central collection point on campus (the Campus Safety Office) for all travel and contact information for students and employees in case of a travel emergency.
Required steps for trip leaders
If you are the employee responsible for a student trip that lasts a minimum of 1 night off campus, please follow these steps:
1. Prior to departure, please fill out the Trip Leader Form (travel details and traveler information).
2. Hitting “submit form” automatically sends the form to the Campus Safety Office.
3. The information will be kept on file to reference only if needed.
Situations that do not require completion of the Trip Leader Form include:
- MU-sponsored day trips with no overnight component
- Scheduled athletic competitions through the Athletic Department (Note: Non-competition events, such as mission trips sponsored by the Athletic Department, do need to complete the form)
- Student-planned activities that are not sponsored or officially sanctioned by MU
- Study abroad semester programs in which MU students are registered and tracked through the Registrar’s Office
If you’re unsure if your trip requires a form, you can always err on the side of caution by submitting one; it never hurts for Campus Safety to have more information than less.