Important Dates/Graduation Checklist:
December 2020 Graduates:
- June 15: Application for Degree is due. Please submit to the Registrar’s Office. This form can be obtained through the website, or from the Registrar’s Office.
- September 15: Last date to submit Application for Degree without incurring late fines. This form must be submitted to Registrar and is required to graduate.
- September 15: Transcripts for transfer credit from other universities or seminaries are due. (Transcripts for courses not completed by this date are due November 1)
- November 1: Final due date for transcripts from other universities or seminaries for transfer credit.
- November 1: Signed Doctrinal Statements Forms are due from undergraduate and seminary students. For traditional undergraduate students these will be completed in TH 408.
- November 1: Requests to be excused from the December Graduation Celebration must be submitted to the Registrar’s office no later than the end of this business day.
- December 8: Cap and Gown distribution held in the Lower Lobby of Travis-Lovitt Hall, 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- TBA: New Alumni Dessert. Undergrad, Grad, and Seminary graduates and their families are invited. Contact Cynthia Mathai, the Alumni Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or for details and information.
- December 18: Location for Graduation is TBD
May 2020 Graduates:
- November 15: Application for Degree is due. Please submit to the Registrar’s Office. This can be obtained through the website, or from the Registrar’s Office.
- January 15: Transcripts are due. (Transcripts for courses not completed by this date are due April 1)
- January 28: Class Ring and Graduation Announcement ordering from 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. in JCA Lobby.
Products can also be ordered directly from Jostens by contacting www.shop.jostens.com or 1.800.353.5299.
- February 1: Last day to submit Application for Degree before late fees are charged.
- February 1: Final due date to submit ‘Request to Walk Early’. Must be turned into the Registrar’s Office with an Application for Degree attached.
- March 15: All transcripts for courses taken at other universities or seminaries are due.
- April 1: Signed Doctrinal Statements Forms are due from undergraduate and seminary students. For traditional undergraduate students this will be completed in TH 408.
- April 1: Requests to be excused from the commencement ceremony must be in the Registrar’s office no later than the end of the business day.
- Multnomah University’s spring Commencement ceremonies honoring our 2020 graduates have been cancelled due to the restrictions across the state in response to COVID-19. Our students will be processed as graduates upon completion of credits and submission of grades, but there will be no spring ceremony. We invite our spring graduates to participate in our December 2020 ceremony.
Progress toward graduation is reviewed. In order to receive approval for graduation, students:
- Must be satisfactorily completing academic, student ministry, and devotional activity requirements
- Must not be involved in a disciplinary action that, if not satisfactorily resolved, has the potential to delay or deny graduation.
No senior will be presented whose cumulative grade point average (GPA) is below 1.8, and a 2.0 cumulative GPA must be attained during the final semester to qualify for graduation.
Participation does not relieve students from the responsibility of maintaining the preceding standards up to the time of their graduation. Candidates for graduation who are not currently attending Multnomah still remain under the student handbook standards that involve biblical absolutes. Failure to maintain these standards can disqualify a candidate from graduating even though other graduation requirements are fulfilled.
Undergraduate Honors Policy
Graduating seniors will be honored for outstanding academic achievement as indicated by their GPA as follows: Highest Honors 3.95-4.00, High Honors 3.80-3.94, and Honors 3.50-3.79.
The determination of GPA will be based on grades including the final fall semester of the senior year. The indication of honor will be indicated by the following symbols next to the graduate’s name on the commencement program and a gold seal indicating the honor will be affixed to the diploma.
** High Honors
*** Highest Honors
Graduate Honors Policy
Students earning graduate degrees will be honored for outstanding academic achievement as follows:
- Magna Cum Laude: minimum cumulative average of 3.8
- Summa Cum Laude: minimum cumulative average of 3.9
- Honors will be designated on the graduate’s transcript
Undergraduate residence requirements are fulfilled by a minimum of one full year of resident study (thirty-two semester hours). They must also complete a minimum of 15 hours in their major at Multnomah University.
Graduate and Seminary students should refer to the graduation standards in their specific degree program.