Priority registration occurs for current students in November for the spring term, in March for the summer term and in April for the fall term.
After a student has been accepted, he or she will receive information in the mail and by email regarding orientation and registration.
For spring term, new students who are accepted and deposited will register beginning at the end of November. They will receive an email with instructions on how to create an account and register for classes.
For fall term, there are several Registration Days during the summer on campus. It is highly recommended that students come to one of these days since they will be able to meet with a Faculty Advisor to plan their schedule and get important information from other departments. Sign up for a New Student Registration Day here.
If a student cannot attend a Registration Day, there will also be online registration available. Students registering online will receive an email that includes information about how to create an account and register for classes at the end of June.
Students returning to Multnomah after an interruption should refer to the re-enrollment section of this page (see below).
Students are encouraged to register online utilizing Self Service. Students may come to the Registrar’s office to register if they prefer or need assistance with the registration process.
How to register
- Plan your schedule for next semester. Consult your faculty advisor and/or Academic Plan (in Self Service) if you need assistance.
- Access Self Service to register for your classes.
- Log in to Self Service. You already should have a login ID and password which gives access to the system. If you can’t remember your password, contact the Registrar’s Office or IT to set a new password. If you have never logged on to Self Service, select Request Access from the menu. The student ID number is the nine-digit number on your student ID card. Do not enter the ‘P’. An error message may occur if you did not supply us with your social security number and birth date when you applied. Contact the Registrar ‘s Office if you are unable to complete this process.
- Now select Online Registration.
- Select Course Search. If you type the first letter of the course designator (e.g. B for Bib101 or T for TH 507), the computer will return a list of courses from which to make your selection. Add the courses you want to your shopping cart by clicking on the Add to Cart icon. Select all the classes from that course designation before going on to another selection.
- After each course selection, go to New Search at bottom of screen to choose your next class.
- After you have selected your courses and added them to your registration shopping cart, you must register for them. Do this by clicking on Back to Registration, marking the checkbox for each course, then selecting Process. If all goes well, you will have completed registration and you can print out the page showing your schedule.
- If you get an error message when you are registering your courses, first correct the problem, then re-register your courses by again marking the checkbox and selecting Process. The online system checks for time conflicts, pre-requisites, and co-requisites. If you believe the system is in error by not allowing you to enroll in a course, please register for all your other courses and then talk with the registrar.
- Logout when you are done.
- New students- you will receive an e-mail prior to registration with instructions for creating your user ID and password.
Fill out the Re-Enrollment form if you are returning to Multnomah after an absence of two years or less.
If you have are returning to Multnomah after two or more years, you will need to complete a new application and should not use the Re-Enrollment form.
Request to audit
Students must request permission to audit a class. You may download an audit request form or pick up one at the Registrar’s office. After completing the form, turn it in to the Registrar’s office for approval by Student Affairs. A copy of your request will be returned to you.
Address all inquiries to:
8435 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97220