Mission and Vision
At Multnomah University, we seek to foster community for our veterans while providing access to services, educational benefits, and connections across the campus. Each veteran is welcome with their unique experiences as a vital member of our community. We recognize that the experiences of a veteran may differ from our typical student. For this reason, they are encouraged to utilize the Veteran Resource Center and the Multicultural Center as spaces to engage community and find connection with others with similar backgrounds. As a university, we strive to create spaces where veterans can both find camaraderie with other like-minded individuals and find their place in the larger student body.
- Education Benefits: Multnomah University is an approved institution for veterans or their dependents to use the education benefits available to them. Benefits may include a monthly housing allowance (MHA), a book stipend, and/or payment for tuition and fees. For specific information on the benefits you qualify for, please visit the VA’s website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/education_programs.asp. If you have questions regarding using your education benefits on the Portland campus, please contact the Office of the Registrar to speak with the VA School Certifying Official (SCO).
- Yellow Ribbon Program: Multnomah is a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon program. If you are eligible for benefits at the 100% rate, the Yellow Ribbon program is an additional benefit, which pays for tuition and fees in excess of the yearly benefit cap. Currently, we do not limit the number of student-veterans eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program.
- Food Pantry: Housed within the Veteran Resource Center (VRC) is a well-maintained food pantry, which is open to all veterans. Additionally, the VRC serves the greater Multnomah University community by allowing students, staff, and faculty access to the food pantry as they have need.
- Monthly Food Boxes: Food boxes for each veteran family are prepared and donated by a local outreach group on a monthly basis.
- Social Events: Periodically, social events are arranged to help this important student population connect with each other. Be sure to check your student email to stay up to date with upcoming events!
- All Other Student Resources
Veteran Resource Center
The Veteran Resource Center (VRC) is a dedicated place on the Portland campus designed to support student-veterans. The VRC is a comfortable space to connect with student-veteran peers, and a quiet place to study.
Location: West end of the JCA building
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Veteran and non-veteran students may earn Service Learning/LINK credit by serving as Veteran Resource Center (VRC) hosts or helping with pick-up and organization of food pantry items.