Oregon Wildfire Updates
These resources offer information on air quality, travel alerts, closures, and more throughout Oregon.
- The Oregon Governor’s Office has created a website with updates, links, resources, and more.
- The Oregon Smoke Blog includes a map with air quality resources, advisories, resources, and more.
- The State of Oregon Fires and Hotspots Dashboard shows where fires are currently burning around the state.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hosts a website with tips for protecting yourself from wildfire smoke and staying healthy.
- The Oregon Department of Transportation’s Tripcheck.com offers updated highway closures, traffic cams, and other important travel information.
- Keep updated on emergency services and disaster information from the Oregon Office of Emergency Management’s Facebook page.
- Travel Oregon hosts statewide travel alerts.
- Clackamas County
- Homeland Security
- Multnomah County Emergency Management
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
How to donate and make a difference:
The following organizations are working to get supplies and funds to help support firefighters, front-like workers, and displaced residents:
- American Red Cross – Cascades Region
- United Way – Portland
- United Way – Mid-Willamette Valley
- United Way – Lane County
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation
- Benton County Wildfire Response
- It’s On Us Corvallis
Outdoor Recreation closures
Many outdoor spaces are closed by land management agencies due to fire danger. Use these links to check the most current status of public lands and make the safest possible decision:
- Oregon State Parks fire information page
- Willamette National Forest website, Facebook page, Twitter feed, fire activity page
- NOTE: ALL recreational activities in the Willamette National Forest—including boat ramps, hiking trails, and campgrounds (dispersed and developed)—have closed until further notice.
- Mt. Hood National Forest website, fire activity page
- NOTE: ALL recreational activities in the Mt. Hood National Forest have closed until further notice.
- Bureau of Land Management website, fire updates page
- The northwest Oregon district of the federal Bureau of Land Management has closed all recreation sites—including Wildwood Recreation Site and Alsea Falls. This coverage area encompasses everywhere west of the Cascades and north of Cottage Grove.
- Oregon Department of Forestry Restrictions Map
- Willamette Valley county parks — check with local land managers for county park closures:
September 10, 2020 | News
A Special Message from President Craig Williford
A Special Message from President Craig Williford Congratulations to all Lions for finishing a challenging academic semester. Covid…
In Memory of Phil Johnson, Ph.D.
In Memory of Phil Johnson, Ph.D. A Tribute to Dr. Phil Johnson Multnomah University is grieving the loss…