- Demonstrate deep understanding of concepts and components of linguistics.
- Utilize and synthesize current language acquisition theory and research.
- Incorporate theoretical foundations with practical approaches for teaching each language skill area.
- Skillfully employ a wide variety of teaching techniques.
- Effectively employ strategies of language assessment and evaluation
Exhibit sensitivity towards the sociopolitical, economic, cultural, and educational contexts in which English is taught around the world.
Display proficiency in accessing scholarly research for professional development and contributing to the body of research in the field of TESOL and Applied Linguistics.
Articulate a personal theology concerning the question, “What does it mean to teach English in the name of Christ?”
Applying to the MA in TESOL program
In order to qualify, you must:
- Have a B.A. or B.S. from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Submit an application with all required forms.
You can meet the program director, visit classes and mingle with current students when you attend an MA in TESOL Information Session.
For more details on the program or to receive an application by mail, contact the Admissions Department at 800.275.4672 or email@example.com.
More TESOL options
- Foundations in TESOL Certificate
This three-credit hour (one course) introductory certificate course provides instruction for those wishing to gain initial exposure to TESOL theory and practice. Content includes a broad overview of general principles of language learning and teaching and an introduction to the teaching of each skill area
- BA with a major in TESOL
The major consists of 30 semester hours of Intercultural Studies and Linguistics in addition to the Bible and General Education requirements.
- BA with a minor in TESOL
The minor consists of 18 hours of TESOL and Intercultural Studies coursework Linguistics in addition to the Bible and General Education requirements.
- Advanced Certificate
Any Multnomah student completing the 6 TESOL core courses (18 semester-hours) earns an Advanced Certificate in TESOL. This certificate program is available for students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and are not seeking a full degree from Multnomah.